- 2 cups of whole wheat pastry or regular flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 5 tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple or pumpkin butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups skim milk … (I used almond milk!)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 egg whites
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg fold pumpkin, brown sugar, maple syrup and butter. Stir in milk until well-blended.
- All at once, add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until light and fluffy (you can use a fork, whisk or electric beater for this). Fold egg whites into the batter.
- Ladle batter bu 1/4 cup amounts onto a preheated nonstick griddle lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Cook until evenly browned on both sides.
Recipe makes 20 pancakes (when the 1/4 cup measure is used). Number of servings: 20 Nutritional info (per serving): Calories: 74.3 Total fat: 0.5 g Cholesterol: 10.7 mg Sodium: 176.3 mg Total Carbs: 15.1 g Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g Protein: 3.2 g