1 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp butter or vegan shortening
1/4 cup applesauce or 1 regular size over ripe banana smashed
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar or 2 tbsp stevia
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cup oats
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
3. In large bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In separate bowl, whisk butter, applesauce, sugar, egg and vanilla until butter breaks into pea size pieces.
5. Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture. Mix well
6. Fold in oats, cherries and chocolate chips. Drop rounded tsp onto cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
8. Cool for at least 10 minutes to allow cookies to set.
Yields 2 dozen approx 77 kcal per cookie.