Roasted Root Vegetables Ingredients:
- 3-4 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano (chopped)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, cut into 3/4 inch thick rounds (about 4 cups)
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, cut into 3/4 inch thick rounds (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium red onions (about 1 pound), peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Stir the oil and oregano in a large bowl.
Add yams, carrots, parsnips, and onions and toss to coat. Sprinkle vegetables generously with sea salt and pepper and divide between prepared baking sheets. Roast veggies until tender and brown in spots, turning occasionally, for about 50 minutes.
This dish can be made up to 4 hours ahead. Let it stand at room temperature. If desired, re-warm in 350ºF oven for about 15 minutes, or serve at room temperature.
Courtesy Institute for Integrative Nutrition